Sunday, December 18, 2016

WEEK 58: I threw up for the first time since 4th grade...

Wow! What a week! Sorry for the gruesome title, but I'll explain later...

Is WEEK was one full of meetings and miracles! On Thursday we had a Mission tour with Elder Gavaret from the seventy! It was really good and he gave us a lot of good counsel and advice, it was a really long meeting, but very rewarding. The next day on Friday he was giving a Spanish devotional in the Liahona 4th building! It was kind of strange. We tried sooooo hard to get some investigators to come, but everyone was busy, or sick, or working. So we got there at the building and we realized no one was coming, but we really didn't want to leave, but unfortunately we had to. As we started driving away we both felt a little weird and we didn't know what it was. So we decided to pull over and say a prayer to know if the Lord wanted us at the fireside. After praying we decided we would go back to the church building and see if we felt better or see if any one showed up. We went inside and all the people from Liahona 4 were coming in and it was so good to see them all! Some didn't remember me, but that was when I couldn't speak. But a lot of them were amazed at how I can speak now! It's kind of weird how it works. But we kept waiting and no one was showing up, but we really felt good inside and that that's where we needed to be, so then Sister Novak came out and she asked me if I played the piano, which I do, and she said that the person who was going to play wasn't going to be able to make it. So I was able to play for the devotional and it went fairly well! When I was with Sister Escobar I made a goal to share my talents more, and now the Lord has provided me with sooooooo many opportunities to do that. I play the piano for EVERYONE now and I love it!

So to explain the title, yesterday we ate a huge dinner and we were soooo full after wards. So after dinner we felt a little bit better and we went to go find some of the people who we haven't seen for a while, one was Rubi and Alex. We went over and the door was open and there were a lot of people there and we discover it was Rubi's birthday! They invited us in and gave us a piece of cake, which was good but I was having a hard time finishing it. Then they asked us if we wanted some Mole and we told them we were good, but they were like, just a little bit! So we agreed, and they serve us this HUGE plate of mole with rice. We ate it and it was a lot of food and I just felt really gross. I didn't finish the plate but hey didn't seem offended so that was good. I was feeling sooooo sick but sister Howard began to share a message. I was able to testify of what she said and when we closed to the message I immediately asked to use the bathroom. When I got in there I threw up. So that was the first time since fourth grade since I've thrown up. But yeah! I feel a lot better now! No worries!

We have seen so many miracles at Christmas lights and everything! So yeah super cool. Love you all! Oh yeah! We met someone from Cheyenne and his name was Joseph Peterson and he knows all the browns! He told me a story of how Grandpa would give him gold dollars in church if he memorized the articles of faith. And I was like, yep! That's grandpa! 

Have a great week everyone!

Hermana Brown

Dead Christmas house

Behind the scenes at Christmas lights

The Barreras boys got baptized on Saturday! We all did a musical number(at which I did play the piano) and it was soooo cute! They are in Pueblo ward.

We played quidditch for zone sports this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment