Sunday, April 9, 2017

WEEK 74: Trapped in the Church

Hello everybody! It's been a good week! We switched companions and everything so now I am companions with Sister Nickles! She is really sweet! She is from Iowa and has been out 7 months on the mission. She just came from the area in Apache Junction (Indian reservation) and now she's here in Escondido with me and is loving it! We both feel like it's going to be a good transfer. And it's my last one so it has to be good. I started this thing called "My Plan" this week which is an online course the missionaries have to do there last transfer where you're supposed to set goals and plans for when you go home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't know what to do! Don't ask me what I'm putting on there because I have no idea. Luckily though, with general conference this week I was able to receive a lot of guidance and help on how to obtain those answers. General Conference was SOOOOOOOOOO good! I loved it so much! I ink my favorite talk was from President Russell M Nelson who talked a lot about the atonement. It answered a lot of some of the questions I've been having about the atonement lately so that was good! 

Also after general conference we had an interesting situation. We were just sitting in our chapel studying and we usually do it in the foyer area where there is couches and stuff, and here is the main entrance too. And the doors are slightly mirrored so from a distance you can't see what is inside. And we were just there role playing teaching the restoration and al of a sudden we see this man on a bike approach the doors of the church and on the side of his head is a big gash and there is blood dripping down the side of his face. He was just using the doors of the church to see himself and we couldn't let him in because we were alone in the church. We were a little creeped out so we moved locations and went into a classroom and we could here him trying to open the door. Then in the classroom we were in he knocked on the window and we were super creeped out and didn't know what to do. We decided to say a prayer which helped calm us down and then we called our district leader and he came over with his companion but by the time they got there the man was gone. So we are all safe and the thought of calling 911 for some reason did not come up until after the whole situation went down. So hopefully that man is okay! Haha, we are, so that's good. 

This week we were able to teach piano lessons to someone! It's something that we've been trying to do to find more people but co far we haven't had much luck, people said they would call us but so far no one has. But we taught it to Bryan who is the son of a member the one who has a daughter that ran away leaving her two kids with her parents. So that was really good! He liked it and we also going to be helping with the viola since Sister Nickles knows how to play that. We've see a huge difference in what service is doing for this family, because tonight we are going to have a family home evening with them and hopefully they will accept to be baptized after hearing the message of the restoration. I think they're really prepared. But I know that now matter how perfectly or non perfectly we teach the lesson tonight, he most important thing that matters is that they learn by the spirit. We could teach it in the best way possible but if they are not prepared they will not feel inspired to accept which is totally fine. It's all on the lords timing. As long as I am being obedient, and doing everything I possibly can to be prepared an have the spirit to be with me they are going to be able to make a correct choice. Having that knowledge gives me a lot of peace. 

Speaking of peace, have you all seen the new #PrinceOfPeace video?! It's really good! Go see it at Mormon.org! They also have a lot of videos on how others found peace in there lives and hose are super good! Go watch them and share them on social media please!!! Something I learned during general conference, well I guess more of a reminder, was that not only is the Holy Ghost someone that gives us direction and tells us when something is wrong or right, but he is the comforter. I don't remember who said it but it was a good talk on the Holy Ghost. But it's the same with the savior, he not only gives a strength when we need it but we can find peace in him. That's something I forget sometimes. I'm so focused on the serious sometimes and I forget the calm that comes from the savior and the Holy Ghost. They are here to help us, to comfort us, to be with us when we need someone or something to help us feel loved. I believe also that as members of the church who have this glorious knowledge of the saviors atonement, and who have received the gift of the Holy Ghost through priesthood power, we as members are to comfort others as well. Since we have these amazing gifts, the Holy Ghost can work through us to help others feel peace and comfort as well. One of my favorite scriptures that was quoted in conference by someone and that I've been thinking about a lot ever since the conference was Doctrine & Covenants 11:12 "And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good--yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit." So I leave with that same invitation. Do anything that the spirit tells you that is good. Literally anything! Sorry for the long email, but I can promise as you do this you will not be alone. You will have God on your side as well as the many other people around you, helping you and building you up! I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Brown


This is what the opening screen of My Plan looks like, scary right?!

Companion picture!

We were looking up how to say light bulb in Spanish and we found this example sentence used...

Lunch with the Hermanas. None of them have been my companions but Sister Nickles was with two of them in a trio before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment