Sunday, August 14, 2016

WEEK 39: The Best is Yet To Come

Hello everybody!! Super amazing week this week and the Pueblo ward is just so amazing. There are miracles and prepared children of God everywhere you look.

We had interviews with our new mission president for the first time this week! I think it's so cool how you can tell that they are chosen people to lead and guide the Arizona Mesa Mission. We talked a lot about the work and got to know each other and things that we can work on. So it was definitely an edifying experience.

We also had exchanges this week and I got to go to Valencia with Sister Judy! She is now in her last transfer and goes home in 4 weeksI don't want her to leave! But it was a really good exchange. We met with Sandra and Her son Richie and talked a lot about prayer. How it is the essential thing to having that testimony of the Holy Ghost and communicating with our Heavenly Father. A study tip that sister Judy gave me while we were on the exchange was to read my patriarchal blessing and ask, What does my patriarchal blessing teach me about becoming? SUPER awesome thing to study and I suggest all of you who have your patriarchal blessings to do that. You will learn a lot about yourself and the person God wants you to become.

So super cool miracle of the week. So when I was serving in Liahona 4th we were working with the familia Ruelas who was a less active family that we were helping reactivate and come back to church. I don't know if you remember them, by they had a lot of changes and really became converted in the time we were teaching them. Unfortunately while we were there, they told us they were going to be moving and we didn't get the chance to get there new address before they moved. But this week one of our dinner appointments was a birthday party for a little girl in the ward so a lot of the ward members and the neighbors were there. As we went around to greet people, there we found the familia Ruelas! We talked to them for a little bit to see how they are doing and they told us right now they are going to another ward that is not where they're supposed to go, which is Pueblo. So we were super excited and set up an appointment to go visit them the next day. Later that up night we were planning and I realized I was too excited to go visit them that I forgot to get their new address. It was super sad, and of course we missed that appointment. But we were in an area leaving a lesson and walking back to our car, and a car drives up to us and rolls down the window and it's the Familia Ruelas! Thank goodness Heavenly Father makes up for our mistakes. We now have a set appointment with them and we do know the address. It was just amazing that He put us where we needed to be so we could find them and start teaching them!

Just want to end by sharing a scripture that I read this week, and it's actually one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon. Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I love this verse so much because it helps me realize that we don't need to be perfect and everyone has weaknesses. I am almost done reading the Book of Mormon and I think the thing I have learned most from this time around is that not only can we learn from the examples that are given in the book, but it helps show us the people we are able to become if we have the faith in Jesus Christ.

So birthday shout out to my dad on Thursday! Make sure you all tell him happy birthday! He's getting pretty old, and so am I because I hit my half way mark on the same day. But I know this next half has so many more opportunities and miracles ahead of me and I can't wait to share them all with you guys! Thanks so much! Love you!

Hermana Brown


So I'm still super bad at taking pictures but here's a few!



Arizona skies are super beautiful!


Still trying to be a flower photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment