Sunday, September 18, 2016

WEEK 45: Give Me This Mountain

Well, it looks like I finally hit a rough point on the mission. We had a bit of a rough week with the holiday weekend a lot of people were out of town. We knocked on A LOT of doors, hardly anyone opened. When the members were able to come out with us no one was home or they canceled there appointments. But the good thing was that we kept going! It was definitely hard to see that the input was not the result of the output, but I think my companion and I can both agree that whether people open the door or accept the message, it is definitely up to the Lord. He was definitely testing our faith but I think I learned a lot from it and I can just feel that this upcoming week is going to be awesome!

We did have a highlight if the week though... Zulma got baptized!!! It was definitely one of the most spiritual baptisms I have ever been at. Zulma has such a glowing light about her. She is always smiling and makes the most of her situation. She may be old but she definitely knows how to be happy and love her family. It was a little bit different having the baptism in English(because she got baptized into her families ward) but the spirit was still really strong. We talked to her after ward and she said she feels really good. The next day we were able to go to her ward and watch her receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and after that she was just very very happy. I'm pretty sure she's one of those people that will go strait to the celestial kingdom. So I feel honored to have taught her and helped her on her way there. Dad, I told her we would go to Puerto Rico with her since you know the area as well, so we will be taking a trip when I get back! Haha. We went to the rest of the English ward with her because her daughter wasn't feeling good. So we had six hours of church! But it was interesting to see how the English ward is after being in Spanish for so long.

Another miracle of the week, the familia Aguirre came to church this Sunday and we didn't have to go ahead of time to make pancakes! They still only came for the first hour but they are doing really well. Hermano said he's thinking about joining the free masons but we're not sure if he's serious. But other than that they are awesome!

I would share a really good talk that I read this week it is by Spencer W Kimball from the October 1979 general conference and it's called "Give Me This Mountain." I highly suggest you read it because it's absolutely beautiful! That's all for this week! I love you all and thanks so much for everything!

Hermana Brown


Zulmas Baptism! Sister Gaskell came to do the presentation so we were reunited!

Here's a picture of crazy air! It was super fun!

My first time seeing a scorpion!

No comments:

Post a Comment