Sunday, September 4, 2016

WEEK 43: New Opportunities

It was such a great week! But first of all I want to congratulate my sister Carina on getting her mission call to California Redlands!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh I'm so excited for her and the mission absolutely the greatest thing ever! If any of you ever get the chance to go or even have the desire to go, just do it. I can promise you, you will learn more than you ever thought possible if you serve with only the Lord in mind. It's amazing to think that I am able to have incredible experiences here in Mesa, but there are miracles happening all of the world right now! So I'm excited to here what comes from the mission in Redlands!

So we were really busy this week and we really had to watch our time to make sure we would make it to all the lessons we had planned. One day we got out a little bit late for dinner and it was really stressful because we had three lessons planned for every hour of the night and we needed to make it to all of them. The night before we met this guy named Abel really quick. He was on the phone so we only got the chance to give him a Book of Mormon and tell it was another testament of Jesus Christ and invite him to read it, so we set another appointment up for the next day. We were really late arriving to his lesson and wouldn't really have much time to teach anything and we almost considered skipping it because we weren't sure how interested he was. But we decided to go and he was super interested! So one of the members of our ward works with him and has invited him to church and stuff and now he has a lot of questions so we're meeting with him again tonight! It just taught me that everyone is important no matter how interested someone may seem you ALWAYS give them a chance and are there for their appointment on time.

Yesterday there was a Spanish fireside at the visitors center and Obispo Gulbrandson was speaking! He's the bishop from Valencia and he's awesome and used to be a mission president so he is really inspired. So he talked about pretty much the gospel of Jesus Christ and that all is possible through the atonement and our agency. So then this morning I was studying in 2 Nephi 2 and it pretty much just explained everything he talked about last night. And it was really cool how last night I understood everything he said, but then as I was reading about it this morning in the BofM it helped me gain my own testimony about the doctrine he was teaching. I especially liked verse 10 which helped me understand a but more. So I challenge you all to read that chapter and maybe when I get back home I will tell you what I learned.

As you may already know transfers are happening this week and the good news is I'm staying in the Pueblo ward, but the sad news my companion got transferred. So I am going to be with Hermana Escobar! She's the one from Guatemala that I roomed with in Liahona 4th. So I'm really excited! Sad that sister Gaskell is leaving because we had a lot of fun together, and I learned a lot from her, but I guess it's time to learn something new! I'm a little nervous because I've never been the one to take over the area, and I'm still not super familiar with the area because it's really big, but I'm excited to see what this transfer has to offer! I love you all!

Hermana Brown


Arizona skies never get old!

We were at a recent convert's house and we got on the subject of their daughters quinceanera so they brought out everything they used and I put the stuff on (with the exception of the dress). And I felt like a princess.

At the Spanish fireside! Sister Judy and Sister Conway (my trainers) go home on Tuesday :(

Remember Hermana Ledezma from Liahona fourth? She was at the fireside and is preparing to be baptized! She was really excited to see me and wanted to take a picture :)

We got shirts for the Spanish missionaries, so this morning at Spanish
soccer we all took a picture together.



No comments:

Post a Comment