Sunday, March 26, 2017

WEEK 72: For My Soul Delighteth in the Song of The Heart ❤️

I honestly cannot believe it's been 72 weeks! That's crazy! But the best 72 weeks of my life! And I still have a few more left to enjoy. A little bit of new: next week I will be entering my last transfer (nooooooooooooooooo) 🤦🏻‍♀️😢😥😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. I do not know where I'm going or if I'm going to stay, but we do know that sister Gonzalez and I will be getting split up because she's going back to the visitors center (again, noooooooooo) but it's because next transfer is the Easter pageant. Yayyyyyyyy!!!! Which I am so excited about because that is one of my favorite times of the year here in Mesa! Our mission is so spoiled and I love it. I've never realized until I've been here in my mission that the reason the church has Visitors centers, pageants, Christmas lights, concerts, etc. it is for the purpose of allowing others to feel the spirit and have a chance to accept the restored gospel, and also to make it easy for us as members to invite others. So what are you waiting for? If you have ANY of the resources near you, bring your friends! And tell them to bring their friends! This is the easiest most casual way to allow someone to feel the spirit and for you to share your testimony. 

So on Sunday night we had the Charla Fogonera (Spanish Fireside) and the turn out was so good! It was hosted by the Escondido branch (the branch I'm serving in) which made it really good! Haha. But just all of it was really good. The missionaries are always the ones that provide the musical numbers, and while we were practicing I just felt the spirit so strong. It was so cool to be in a room full of missionaries testifying through song that Jesus is the Christ. The song we were singing is one from the children's song book called, "He Sent His Son" pg. 34 in case you want to use this for family home evening ;) As we sang the in the practice as well as in the Fireside, the spirit was so strong. It's beautiful how even songs for children teach the doctrine of Christ. The lyrics are so beautiful. Full of simple but profound questions and answers.

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.
How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.
What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
What does he ask? Live like his Son.

The fact that we know that our Heavenly Father has sent his son so we know exactly the path we need to follow is beautiful! As many of the prophets have said, we don't need to question which way to go, because of the knowledge the plan of Salvation provides us. And central to the plan of Salvation is our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. We cannot let this knowledge be kept inside of us we must share it. At the end of the Fireside we sang hymn 264 "Hark, All Ye Nations"  and particularly verse 3 stood out to me the most.

Chosen by God to serve him below,
To ev’ry land and people we’ll go,
Standing for truth with fervent accord,
Teaching his holy word.
Oh, how glorious from the throne above
Shines the gospel light of truth and love!
Bright as the sun, this heavenly ray
Lights ev’ry land today.

How glorious is it that we can testify of this great gospel we've been given!  The gospel is a light the cannot and must not be hidden. Let us live up to title of being those "chosen by God" even to serve him. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ that has been restored upon the earth. If you also know that I encourage you to share that with your family and friends. If you still don't know that, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and find for yourself the truth, light, and happiness the gospel brings, when we live it and share it. I can promise you the blessings God has in store for you all cannot be withheld! He wants to give us these blessings. I love you all so much which is why I share this with you. I hope you take this and act upon it so you can experience the joy that is found in living and sharing the gospel. 

Hermana Brown

D&C 25:12
For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

Easter pageant stage is all the way up!


Trying to video call investigators through Facebook

Exchanges with sis. Escobar!

All (or at least most) of the Spanish missionaries!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment