Tuesday, February 23, 2016

WEEK 16: Life's a climb, but the view's great...

So I apologize that no one received any emails last week! I will resend the one I wrote last week and this ones going to be a bit shorter because I'm super tired today, and you'll find out why in the email.

So the highlight day of my week was going on exchanges with Sister Wong! She just got here about 3 weeks ago and she's from Peru! She served in the Lima south mission for 2 months while waiting for her visa! She is so cool! So she's called as a visitors center sister, and she's called to speak English! So she's learning English just like I'm learning Spanish. We had a such a great day though! So we went to go see Alma, Hermano Beltran's niece and had a super great lesson, well at least I thought it was. But we just went over to talk about what she's been reading and stuff and then talked about prayer, and many other things. But she needed up telling us that she knows that one of our purposes of visiting her is to be baptized but she said she was baptized in her church and is content with her religion, she likes going to church and stuff but doesn't really want to change. So then we went over the restoration and the priesthood a little bit, and invited her to pray specifically to know if the Book of Mormon and these things are true, and the spirit was so strong. We also had an awesome lesson with Eric that day. We had a lot of questions about Jesus Christ and basically the godhead. So we answered those and it basically led into the atonement. It was such a beautiful lesson and such great experiences were shared that related to the atonement. I'm truly grateful that we have a Savior to help us and redeem us of hard times. And there's a talk I read by Elder Holland today about the atonement and it's just beautiful. It's called "where justice , love and mercy meet" from April 2015 general conference, and it talks about a story about these two boys that go in a hike...

Sooooooo this morning we went on this hike called "Flat Iron" for the people that hit there year mark on the mission, and my companion happened to be one! So this hike. It's 5 miles round trip and it's super beautiful but REALLY hard. It's uphill and climbing rocks pretty much the whole way so going up and coming down were really rough. It took us 7 hours to complete it. We got up at 3:30 this morning and started the hike at about 6am because we got lost on our way there. But it was so beautiful at the top and so worth it. If you know how much I love the flat iron building in New York, the top of this hike was beautiful. And I apologize I may not have pictures to send this week but for sure next week there will be some!

But it was a really great week. Our investigator Socorro is still doing great, she's reading in the Book of Mormon and came to church, we have focused on baptism a lot this week but she gave us a firm no, when we extended the invitation, so we're going to take a break from that. I also learned so much from exchanges, and so much from sister Wong, she is amazing for learning English and being such a hard worker. She inspires me to do better and try harder.

And if I don't respond to your emails this week, it's because I'm tired and probably don't have time. But next week for sure!

-Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment