Sunday, January 1, 2017

WEEK 60: Feliz Navidad!

Well we had kind of a harder week due to a few things. First of all we got sick, like with the flu and still recovering a little bit. Second of all we dropped about nine of our investigators this week. Not to mention it all happened in one day. Three of them told us they're not interested, the second three (two adults and a brother) are going through a divorce so they said it would be better to postpone the visits right now ugh they are really interested! The last three moved back to Mexico, but they gave us their exact address so the missionaries in Mexico will be able to continue teaching them. It was kind of sad, but that just means we are about to find a lot of prepared people! And I know that missionaries in the future will come by when they are ready and they will accept it. It's just cool to know that I was able to be an instrument in the Lords hands and help them in their conversion process.

We were able to go to Christmas lights with Adela his week! She is such a golden investigator that the English Elders referred to us. She recently got a divorce with her husband and that's why she began to meet with the missionaries. When we went to Christmas lights she just kept saying like, I just love that! With everything. We even got to see a little bit of the concert. She did have to leave though because she has a cute little baby boy. Now we just need to meet with her more often!

On Christmas Eve we went caroling with our district to our investigators and members and it was really successful! We made a list of all the people we wanted to visit and they were all home so it was a good way to show them love and they all loved it! We also go to sing at Christmas Lights on Christmas Day! It's such a great way to share the spirit is through music, and I love performing so that's also a plus.

I just love Christmas so much! A paragraph I have just been dying to share with someone this week is the first paragraph of the living Christ. "As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ two millennia ago, we offer our testimony of the reality of His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth." I just love this because I think it perfectly describes the reason we celebrate Christmas. The reason he was born was so that he could perform the atonement and allow for all of us to be resurrected and live with our Father in Heaven again. There is absolute no one that has lived a life as perfect as His, but he is so humble in the middle of all of it. I would like to invite you all to read the entire testimony of The Living Christ and find a way to apply it to your life, so you can have a stronger testimony if Him. I love you all! And I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to talk with my family yesterday. It really helped me and motivated me even more to continue to share the gospel. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hermana Brown

I had to reset my iPad this week so I don't have all the pictures from the week. Don't worry I saved them, but here's what I do have! Matching pjs!


From Skype! Sorry I didn't realize I wasn't smiling...

JOHN CENA!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment