Sunday, January 22, 2017

WEEK 63: I Love My Mission

Title cred: Gracie Brown. She's the only one that sent me suggestions.

This week was a really good one! We had zone conference and as always those are always really great! I love hearing from our mission president because he is so inspired. He always knows exactly what our mission needs and gives us the best guidance and advice that we need. Mission presidents are people that the Lord really puts his trust in. When it is there time to renew their temple recommend, usually your temple recommend will have three signatures, but his only has two. The Lord has so much trust in him that he interviews himself and renews the temple recommend himself. When I learned that I put even more trust in him and knew that he is a chosen servant of the Lord!

We also had stake conference this weekend which was really good! Before the actually conference our Spanish branch had a special meeting with Elder Zeballos from the seventy! He spoke at stake conference as well, but we had a special Spanish conference before the other conference started. He talked about 5 things we need to be
happy.
1. Obedience
2. Repentance
3. Patience
4. Forgiveness
5. Bringing Souls unto Christ

I really like those things. They are very basic, and things we have all heard before, but I think we sometimes forget even the simplest things, are what make the biggest difference. Also in the stake conference he was talking about different things and brought up the hymn, "I'll go where you want me to go." One if the phrases he pointed out was "I'll be what you want me to be" I love this hymn and especially that phrase, because it takes so much humility to let go of all the worldly things you could be and be the person the Savior wants you to be. But in the end, that's the best person you can become. We went on exchanges with two sets of sisters this week, which, by the way is kind of scary, but cool as well. I never would have guessed how much these sisters trust us, but I think I'm learning more from them than they are learning from me. These exchanges are supposed to be based on goals to help the sisters grow, and so we usually ask them, "Who do you want to become?" Everyone's answer is different, but the answers that they give are very humble and true. They recognize the things that need improvement so they can be more like the Savior and they work toward that. I know since the beginning of my mission I have always desired to be Gods daughter. There are so many examples in the Book of Mormon that relates the People as the children of men, rather than the children of God. But wait, we are all children of God, not men? Right? If God is Perfect, and he is our father wouldn't that mean we should be perfect too? Unfortunately, that is not the case. Some thing is missing. In Mosiah 5:7 it says, "And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters." We are here to become his sons and daughters, and the only way that is possible is through Christ. He is the one that makes up for our faults and makes that connection between perfection and imperfection. No matter how imperfect you think you are Christ can fix that.

I used this title for more than one reason, because I really do love my mission and I glad Gracie suggested it. We were at the Spanish fireside last night, and we got the chance to sing as a missionary choir. As I looked out into the congregation, I saw members from every single ward I had served in and when I made eye contact with them, they smiled. And I realize I have found a family here in mesa. So I love my mission and I would trade it for anything! Love you all so much! Remember who you are and the potential you have!

Hermana Brown

Hermana González and I! She's from Chile!

Hermana Olivas bought us Mexican elote! That is the elotero (elote man) and they are all over mesa and it's sooooooo good!

Exchanges with sister Lopez! She's from Huehuetenango, Guatemala! 

Zone Sports this morning!

It rained a lot one day and there were lots of rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment