Sunday, May 29, 2016

WEEK 29:πŸŒ‘☄πŸŒπŸ•³πŸ’€πŸŒ“πŸ”¨☀️πŸŒ–πŸŒŸ

Hello everyone! It was another great week I know I kind of left you on a cliff hanger from last week haha so the new Hermana came and her name is Hermana Escobar! She is so sweet and does know some English because she went to Salt Lake Community college for 2 years before the mission. I think I mentioned this last time but she's from Guatemala and is super fun! She came in on Monday last week and we went to go pick her up at the mission home at 5:30pm and then we went into our areas! And president told us right then and there that she was going with Hermana Hershey into the south area (my original area) and I was going to be with sister Gutierrez in the north Liahona 4th area. I cannot even tell you how hard it was to leave my area behind! It was hard because I didn't even get to say goodbye or tell them I was leaving so I was sad because I love the people in that area so so much. But it kind of works because I still get to see my recent converts and all the members at church I'm just in a different area now. And the area I'm in is a great area as a well!

We met this guy named Raymundo yesterday and he is really ready! We had a hard time finding his trailer, because the address said "trailer behind #### n street" so we even had a member with us but we couldn't find it at first we told them to go home with their family. But then we knocked on a members house hat gave us the referral, and it was a really boujee house by the way, and we took a bit of a walk to find it, but we eventually found it! He's told us he has talked to missionaries for about a year now and he likes it. He went to church a few times but I guess he got baptized in the Christian church three years ago, but he said he feels like something is missing in his life. He already has a triple combination and a gospel principles book and he reads them both and really likes it! So we set up another time to meet with him and invited him to pray and read Moroni's promise. He is so great!

So then Saturday we had the baptism for Jesus! We didn't get to finish teaching him this past week because he is in the south area but it was good we got to teach him for most of the time! The baptism went really well! We had a lot of support from the members and especially the Pozos family. When Jesus bore his testimony after the ordinance it was really sweet and he even bore it about the law of chastity. Probably the first and the last time that will ever happen.

Sorry for the shorter email is week! It really was a good one. Thank you so much for all of your support and love, I feel it so much! Love you all!

Hermana Brown

So some weeks I'm really good at sending pictures others I'm not... This is one where we didn't take as many, sorry!


Hermano Beltran bought us pupusas!

Jesus's baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment